Categories & Rulesdancestr
Rules & Regulations
- No independent entries – every entry must be through a studio.
- Solo and Duet entries must also be entered in at least one group (3+ dancers) entry to be eligible for high score awards.
- Adult entries are not eligible for high score awards or the Final Showcase.
- Entry Fees/Deposits are non-refundable.
- Appropriate music and dance content is required in all categories.
- All levels are standardized. Years of training is based on overall years of experience and will therefore be the same regardless of discipline.
Core Levels – Designed for the dancer who is new to dancing, or has danced for several years but on a recreational basis.
Competitive Levels – Designed for the dancer who is training at a competitive level and taking dance classes at an accelerated/advanced level for their age.
- A dancer is considered competitive if they dance 6+ hours per week.
||6 years of age and under
||Dancers having never performed in any type of dance festival or competition
||Dancers with 1.0-2.9 years of experience.
||Dancers with 3.0-4.9 years of experience.
||Dancers with 5.0-6.9 years of experience.
||Dancers with 7+ years of experience.
Solo – 1 Dancer
Duet – 2 Dancers
Small Group – 3 to 5 Dancers
Medium Group – 6 to 9 Dancers
Large Group – 10 to 15 Dancers
Line – 16+ Dancers
Entries in each category must be at least 90% of that type of dance (Jazz, Ballet, etc.).
Character/Demi Character Ballet
Final Showcase – Every studio submitting a minimum of 5 core groups will have the opportunity to participate in our DanceStrong Final Showcase with their top scoring core group. Every studio submitting a minimum of 5 competitive groups will have the opportunity to participate in our DanceStrong Final Showcase with their top scoring competitive group. Adult entries are not eligible.
We will be updating the Showcase Board daily so please check the board periodically to see if your routine is in the show.